Traditional Ayurveda therapy package
The procedure for the Traditional Therapy package:
On the first day, guests will have an initial consultation with the physician at our Sri Lanka Ayurveda retreat, which would take about 30 minutes. During this consultation, your prakurthi equilibrium and the imbalances of your three doshas will be identified by the physician. The physician would then prescribe a treatment procedure and a dietary regimen based on the food values in Ayurveda concepts. A schedule for yoga exercises and meditation will be given for you to follow. Thereafter, there you will have a daily follow-up consultation of 10 minutes with our Ayurveda physician who will decide if you should to continue with the same treatments, alter the treatment duration, or change the treatment methods and procedures.
Based on the package selected, you will have daily Ayurveda treatments of varying durations, with the minimum being 2.5 hours of Ayurveda treatments per day. The treatments would consist of a combination of the following:
- Shirōbhyanga: Nourishes the scalp and enhances the growth of hair
- Shirōdhāra: To induce sleep and release stress
- Picchill: To soothe and relieve inflammatory conditions of the scalp *
- Parishēka: To relieve burning sensations in the body
- Abhyanga: To impart strength, good complexion, and longevity, and to relieve fatigue and induce sleep. This also relieves aches and pains and eases muscular spasms and muscular rheumatism
- Vaktrābhyanga: To nourish the facial muscles and to improve complexion
- Ayurveda Face Packs: To cleanse, moisturize and soothe the skin
- Akshitarpana: Uses a special eye bath to nourish the eyes and enhance eyesight
- Nētraparisheka: To cleanse the eyes, soothe and cool irritated eyes
- Nētrapindi: To place special medicated eye packs to soothe irritated eyes and to nourish and relax tired eyes
- Pinda Sweda: To induce sweat, remove stiffness of joints and make them supple, cleanse body channels and to invigorate and restore by the application of a special procedure of sudation
- Parishēka Swēda: To produce sweat and cleanse the body of its toxins *
- Avagāha Swēda: Special sudation for lumbago, sciatica and to relieve renal pain*
- Nādi Swēda: To direct regulated steam to localized areas to relieve pain by means of a special apparatus
- Kuti Swēda (Sauna): To reduce weight under the supervision of the Ayurveda doctor.
- Vāshpa Swēda (Steam Bath): To reduce body weight and fat, the body is made to sweat in a special chamber made out of medicinal wood.
- Aushadha Snāna (Herbal Bath): To alleviate certain skin disorders, remove toxins and relieve pain. It refreshes and invigorates the human body
- Pebble Walk: To bring about reflex reactions of the sole to stimulate and tone-up internal organs